To Our YMCA Family:
The Sault Ste. Marie YMCA hopes you and your families are healthy, safe, and practicing good social distancing.
As you may have heard in the media, the Provincial Government has announced a third pandemic emergency brake shutdown today to support efforts to flatten the curve of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
For 120 years the Sault Ste. Marie YMCA has been here to support our community during difficult times. This time is no different. Although our building will be empty again, we will continue to be here for you. We are committed to the safety of our members, staff, volunteers, and the children in our childcare centres.
Today, we are providing an update on how we will support you and your families during this crisis.
- Any scheduled future payments for memberships after April 1st have been suspended until the Sault Ste. Marie YMCA resumes services.
- Any existing enrolment in programs such as swim lessons or gymnastics will be maintained as they are currently registered.
- When services return to regular business, we will address crediting the April 1st membership payment based on closure time.
- April Break Camp has been cancelled. Credits will be placed on accounts for registration fees already taken.
- If you have any further questions please contact email@example.com
There has always been a delicate balance in ensuring the safety of everyone in our facility and the financial viability of our YMCA into the future. Right now, maintaining your YMCA membership and providing support to help us continue to serve the community of Sault Ste. Marie is more important than ever.
Please consider donating your YMCA membership during the closure and, if you are able to donate, please visit www.ssmymca.ca/getinvolved. This is an amazing expression of support and recognition of the YMCA and support for our mission. We know that this is not possible for everyone and we hope that you will continue to #StayWithUs as we work through this together.
In the meantime, the health and wellness of our staff, members and volunteers are important to us. Please stay tuned to our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/SaultSte.MarieYMCA/) and our website (www.ssmymca.ca/) for free virtual class options and ideas to keep you and your families moving and motivated.
Once again, I thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
This is something that we have never faced before, but I am confident that together we will get through this!
On behalf of your YMCA team, I thank you for your continued support of your Y.
We cannot wait to connect with you in person again! Stay tuned for more information! This page will be updated regularly. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for updated information.
**UPDATED: April 1, 2021