WE ARE GETTING READY FOR YOU!
The Sault Ste. Marie YMCA health, fitness and aquatics centre will be re-opening on Monday July 19, 2021. After working with Algoma Public Health, we have identified what procedures and protocols will need to be in place to keep you, our volunteers, and our employees safe during the re-opening of our YMCA facility.
Please remember to be KIND to ALL our staff, volunteers, and members during this time as we continue to transition into a safe and inclusive space for everyone! This has been a difficult year for all of our community and your patience with safety protocols and guidelines, limited services and spaces is greatly appreciated at this time.
HOURS OF OPERATION
OPENING UNDER STEP 3 GUIDELINES FRAMEWORK
- Mon–Fri 5:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Closed Sunday.
- Holidays 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- *Program spaces close a half hour before the building closes.
At this time, we will be opening our pools to members on August 2, 2021. Two weeks after the facility opens.
We will send out further communication regarding bookings and pool times in the coming weeks as we continue to work on a plan for the summer.
As guidelines change, we expect that our protocols in our centres will change over time. Here is how your YMCA experience will be different as we take precautions to keep you safe:
Health screening and limited capacity in spaces will be put in place.
Masks are MANDATORY to enter the facility, while walking throughout the facility from one area to another and transitioning from equipment to equipment.
- All participants will complete a self-screening questionnaire before entering.
- Because we can only allow a certain number of people in the facility at once, we will not be allowing access for out-of-town guests, day passes or punch passes, to give our members more opportunity to use their YMCA.
- Members must be from the Algoma District Region because of reduced capacity.
- A select group of Fitness and Aqua Fitness classes will continue to be offered throughout the summer by ticket system based on maintaining 2 metre physical distance. Indoor fitness classes will be by ticket system based on maintaining 2 metre physical distance. Fitness classes in the Studio will be 11 members plus 1 instructor. Aqua classes will be 15 members plus 1 instructor. Outdoor fitness classes will still continue as well.
Physical distancing, frequent disinfecting, and equipment changes:
- We will continue the increased cleaning and disinfecting practices in all areas of our facility.
- As always, we will provide disinfectant wipes for members to use on their equipment before and after use, it is mandatory for members to clean equipment before and after use of every piece of equipment used.
- To ensure safe physical distancing of 2 metres, class sizes in group fitness classes will be smaller, and some of the equipment may have been moved to allow for proper spacing.
- Fitness Centre cardio equipment has all been moved back into the Fitness Centre and spaced 2 metres apart.
- YMCA Staff will be always enforcing physical distancing of 2 metres for all activities and high-intensity activities.
- We have removed equipment that is difficult to sanitize, such as yoga mats and blocks, and foam rollers.
Program and service changes:
- Our Summer program will consist of Summer Day Camps, virtual class options, limited indoor fitness classes and outdoor fitness classes.
- Gymnasium open bookings have been CANCELLED at this time. We will revisit a plan for open gymnasium in the Fall.
- Fitness Centre equipment has been spaced to allow for the 2 metres between each piece.
- Fall programming is being reviewed and registration will launch mid to late August.
Locker rooms and amenities:
- We are encouraging our members to come changed and ready to work out whenever possible. Locker rooms and showers WILL be available with physical distancing measures in place of 2 metres. Washrooms will be available to all members. The family changeroom will be used mainly by summer day camps but is also available should you require more space.
- Hair dryers in the plus will not be available.
- Water fountains will not be available for direct consumption, but refill stations are available. We encourage members to bring a water bottle from home.
Your YMCA membership:
Membership payments will resume on August 1, 2021, for members who still have an existing membership. Please see membership services if you would like a credit for the April payment that was taken.
**Please note: If you would like to place your membership on hold or make changes to your YMCA membership, please CONTACT us. You must submit this request prior to July 29th to avoid being charged. Please visit the YMCA Membership Services hours in person Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm. Membership holds can be extended up to September 30, 2021, with no penalty. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions about memberships.
As guidelines change, we expect that our protocols in our centres will change over time. We promise to communicate changes to your YMCA experience as they occur! We will be constantly communicating with Algoma Public Health to determine what safety measures and protocols need to be in place to keep all our staff, volunteers, and members safe. The following types of health and safety procedures will be in place for the foreseeable future:
- You must wear a mask throughout the building other than when actively engaging in an athletic or fitness activity including water-based activities; consuming food or drink; for any emergency or medical purpose.
- Self-screening before entering is mandatory. Should you experience any symptoms of COVID-19, please refrain from visiting our facility.
- Limited capacity
- Physical distancing
- Frequent disinfecting
- Equipment changes
- Reduced service & closed spaces/areas.
- Be KIND to our staff, volunteers, and your fellow members. Remember we are doing our absolute best to remain a safe and respectful facility for everyone to enjoy.
- Follow our Values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring, Honesty, and Inclusiveness.
While we know there will be changes to YMCA spaces, one thing that has not changed is the fact that our YMCA community is made up of kind and caring individuals who know how important it is for kids, families, and individuals to have a safe place to connect, belong and thrive. We know that the need for these opportunities has increased through this period of isolation, while at the same time, the financial situation of many in our community has worsened. As we look to reopening our facilities to members, we know that the need for financial assistance is eminent and the generosity of our members is needed and appreciated more than ever.
We cannot wait to connect with you in person again! Stay tuned for more information! This page will be updated regularly. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for updated information.
**UPDATED: July 16, 2021